George Taylor – Of Counsel – Attorney Profile
GEORGE A. TAYLOR (of Counsel)
- J.D., St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, Texas May 1974; Published writer, 1971, Law Journal; Chief Judge of 1st Honor Court of St. Mary’s University Law School, 1974;
- B.A., University of Texas, Austin, Texas May 1971.
- Principal – George A. Taylor, Attorney at Law, P. C., 1981 – present.
- 1979 – 1981, Associate, Mallette & Pozzi, Victoria, Texas;
- 1976 – 1979, First Assistant District Attorney, Victoria, Texas;
- 1974 – 1976, Assistant District Attorney, Bexar County, Texas.
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers’ Association, Elected Associate Director, 2008-2010; Elected Director for 2010 – 2012;
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers’ Association, President, 2007-2008,
- Vice-President, 2006-2007, Secretary, 2005-2006, Treasurer, 2004-2005;
- San Antonio Bar Association, Elected to Board of Directors 2008 – 2010;
- St. Mary’s Law Alumni Association, Elected Director 2009 – 2011.
- San Antonio’s Best Criminal Defense Lawyers, by Scene in SA Magazine 2006.
ARTICLES, WRITINGS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Course Director, 4nd Annual SACDLA Nuts & Bolts Seminar, November 2007;
- Course Director, 1st Annual How to try a DWI in Bexar County, August 2006;
- 1st Annual SACDLA Nuts & Bolts Seminar, November 18, 2004: Introduction to Courthouse.
- President’s column, Defender Magazine, 2006 – 2007; The Silkwood Saga, August/September 2007, Defender Magazine.
CIVIC AND PERSONAL:
- Board of Directors: American Red Cross;
- Boys and Girls Club of America;
- Board of Directors, Member and Chairman of Board of Trustees, Travis Park United Methodist Church.
- Wife – Candy.
- Dog – Gus.